Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fund Raising Update

Awesome - this is the word that describes the continuing fund raising efforts being held to raise money to purchase Shelter Boxes for Haiti. With the efforts of all the volunteers today at both Western and Village Foods another $1500.00 was taken in. It is our hope that with the Sooke Rotary Club assistance we will eventually raise enough funds to purchase 10 of the Shelter Boxes. With todays contributions we are almost half way there. Thanks to everyone that has helped and continues to offer their assistance. Hey, does anyone have any other good fund raising ideas?

On another note, my efforts of preparing for the half marathon held during the Winter Olympics continues (bet you didn't know there was a half marathon during the Winter Olympics did you? well neither did I) Anyway today was only an 18km run. As I now creak around the house, the only thing I have found worse on the body than an 18km run was the 20km I did last week. Here is a fund raising idea. Perhaps the Association, individuals or ????????????? would sponsor me for every km I run this year. How does $1.00 km sound? You don't have to sponsor every km, just pick as many as you want at $1.00 per. I will accept any and all pledges. I can post the totals and provide regular updates on this blog. Anyone willing to gamble on how far an old fire chief can run in a year? All funds raised will go towards buying an additional Shelter Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment